Everton have been given a boost ahead of their trip to face Watford, with Richarlison “available” for selection. Carlo Ancelotti says he’s “okay” and has been training all week, so the 22-year-old could start for the Toffees on Saturday afternoon.
How will Everton fare against Watford?
Ancelotti said in Thursday’s pre-match press conference: “Richarlison is okay and has trained all week. Richarlison (is) available (to face Watford).” Richarlison had been out of action with a knee injury that caused him to miss Everton’s 1-1 draw with West Ham United (January 18) and 2-2 draw with Newcastle United (January 21).
In the Brazilian’s absence, Ancelotti called upon Theo Walcott and Bernard on either flank while Moise Kean and Dominic Calvert-Lewin started in attack. Richarlison may come in for Walcott or Kean when Everton travel to Vicarage Road over the weekend.
The 22-year-old has made 27 appearances in all competitions, scoring and creating 14 goals. Prior to his injury, Richarlison had a hand in seven goals from his last 11 games, so his return is great news. His worth to Everton is so great that the Merseysiders reportedly turned down an £85m bid from Barcelona.
Richarlison has been a terrific servant for Everton over the last 18 months, contributing 30 goals in 65 games, so it’s not hard to see why they’re so keen to keep him.