Bernard and Yerry Mina are Everton’s highest earners, taking home a salary of £6.24m (£120k-per-week) each, which is more than Mason Holgate (£1.3m-a-year), Alex Iwobi (£2.6m-a-year) and Tom Davies (£1.3m-a-year) combined.
It’s also twice the salary of Michael Keane (£3.12m-a-year) too, but how does it compare with the rest of the Everton squad?
- Bernard (£6.24m-a-year/£120k-a-week)
- Yerry Mina (£6.24m-a-year/£120k-a-week)
- Andre Gomes (£5.84m-a-year/£112k-a-week)
- Jordan Pickford (£5.2m-a-year/£100k-a-week)
- Morgan Schneiderlin (£5.2m-a-year/£100k-a-week)
- Gylfi Sigurdsson (£5.2m-a-year/£100k-a-week)
- Theo Walcott (£5.2m-a-year/£100k-a-week)
- Richarlison* (£4.68m-a-year/£90k-a-week)
- Lucas Digne (£4.68m-a-year/£90k-a-week)
- Fabian Delph (£4.16m-a-year/£80k-a-week)
- Yannick Bolasie (£3.9m-a-year/£75k-a-week)
- Seamus Coleman (£3.64m-a-year/£70k-a-week)
- Sandro Ramirez (£3.38m-a-year/£65k-a-week)
- Leighton Baines (£3.38m-a-year/£65k-a-week)
- Michael Keane (£3.12m-a-year/£60k-a-week)
- Cenk Tosun (£3.12m-a-year/£60k-a-week)
- Oumar Niasse (£2.86m-a-year/£55k-a-week)
- Moise Kean (£2.76m-a-year/£53k-a-week)
- Alex Iwobi (£2.6m-a-year/£50k-a-week)
- Cuco Martina (£1.82m-a-year/£35k-a-week)
- Muhamed Besic (£1.56m-a-year/£30k-a-week)
- Jonas Lossl (£1.46m-a-year/£28k-a-week)
- Tom Davies (£1.3m-a-year/£25k-a-week)
- Mason Holgate (£1.3m-a-year/£25k-a-week)
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin (£1.04m-a-year/£20k-a-week)
- Matthew Pennington (£0.78m-a-year/£15k-per-week)
- Kieran Dowell (£0.78m-a-year/£15k-per-week)
- Shani Tarashaj (£0.78m-a-year/£15k-per-week)
Based on the findings, the average first-team wage at Everton is around £3.76m-a-year/£72.3k-per-week. The Toffees have seven players on £100k-per-week or more but aren’t performing on the pitch – they’re stuck in the bottom-half of the Premier League table midway through the season.
After finishing eighth in the league last season, Everton spent more than £100m over the summer to go backwards. Marcel Brands spent big sums and agreed lofty wages on players who haven’t delivered.